1. Study the Course Selection Guide for credit requirements and information on the courses available.
2. Plan or review your four-year course of study and be sure to do the following:
- Check that you are taking courses necessary to meet all graduation requirements.
- Be sure you meet all the prerequisites for each course you plan to take.
3. Discuss your course choices and reasons for them with your parents, teachers, and your counselor.
4. Log into Power School or by going to the Duchesne website and clicking on the Power School shortcut on the Home page.
- On the Main Menu, click Class Registration. The Class Registration page appears.
- A Road icon appears if a teacher has recommended the course. Click to view.
- A Note icon appears if the course contains prerequisite notes. Click to view.
- Click the Pencil icon to select courses from each area. A Course Request pop-up window appears.
- Select the appropriate checkbox for each course you want to request. Some of the courses are mandatory so they are chosen automatically.
- Click Okay. The Course Request pop-up window closes.
- A green checkmark appears in the area for which you selected courses. You will also see a green checkmark on the electives, alternatives and study halls. (For those courses you will have several choice options.)
- A red exclamation mark appears if courses need to be selected for a subject area.
- Repeat the steps for each course request.
5. When finished, click Submit. The [Scheduling Year] Course Requests page appears.
6. Click the Print button on the top of the page.
7. Write your name on the top of the form.
You will need 2 copies: one for yourself and one that you have your Advisory teacher sign and then turn it in with your $250 non-refundable registration fee to your Guidance Counselor:
Dr Barber with student last names A-K
Mr. Tinsley with student last names L-Z
You must submit both your registration fee and a copy of you course requests to your Guidance Counselor in order to be registered for the 2017-2018 school year.