How to register for 2022-2023 School Year. The registration portal will be open from January 28-February 5.
1. Study the Course Selection Guide for credit requirements and information on the courses available. The guide can be found on the Duchesne website at www.duchesne-hs.org
2. Plan or review your four-year course of study and be sure to do the following:
- Check that you are taking courses necessary to meet all graduation requirements.
- Be sure you meet all the prerequisites for each course you plan to take.
- You will receive a graduation progress report from your Communio teacher, so you know what classes you have already taken and what you need to take in order to graduate.
3. Discuss your course choices and reasons for them with your parents, teachers, and your counselor.
4. When you are ready to pick your classes log into Power School with your iPad. Do not use the app. Go to www.dhs.powerschool.com/public
- On the Main Menu, click Class Registration. The Class Registration page appears.
- Click the Pencil icon to select courses from each area. A Course Request pop-up window appears.
- Select the appropriate checkbox for each course you want to request. Some of the courses are mandatory so they are chosen automatically. (Make sure you choose a class for both first and second semester-"a" represents S1 and "b" represents S2.)
- Click Okay. The Course Request pop-up window closes.
- A green checkmark will appear once you have made your selections and you can move on to the next category. You will notice some categories already have a green check mark; this is due to the fact that it is open enrollment. Please make sure you go into those categories even though they are marked completed.
- A red exclamation mark appears if courses need to be selected for a core subject area.
- If you cannot choose a course or it is blocked, please see your teacher so they can recommend the course or let Mrs. Choinka know via email at email@example.com .Repeat the steps for each course request.
5. When finished, click Submit. The [Scheduling Year] Course Requests page appears. Please check to make sure all of your choices are correct and you have at least two semesters of Alternate credits chosen (these cannot be the same courses you have chosen previously). Please choose carefully. Remember, course changes after the schedules are made are a $20 fee.
6. Click the Print button on the top of the page.
You will need 2 copies: one for yourself and one that you have your Advisory teacher sign and then turn it in with your $250 non-refundable registration fee to your Guidance Counselor.
If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Choinka or Mr. Tinsley.