Thank you for your interest in Duchesne High School! Shadow visits for the 2022-2023 will begin in September, 2022.
Shadow visits are the best way for a student to get a personal perspective of Duchesne's exceptional education experience. Typically, eighth graders shadow in the fall and seventh graders shadow in the spring. Here's how it works:
- Please make a shadow appointment at least five days in advance by completing the Shadow Request Form or contacting Lisa Koepke, Director of Admissions, at (636) 946-6767 x6926 or email@example.com. (Some dates are not available for shadow visits.)
- Be sure to schedule your appointment early, as the number of visitors we can accommodate per day is limited.
- On the day of your visit, you should arrive at the DHS main office between 7:30 and 7:45 a.m. (unless Wednesday is the day requested, as all Wednesdays are a late start of 9:15 a.m. due to faculty professional development). The main office is located in the main building, just inside the lobby. From there, you will be directed to the conference room where you will be greeted by your DHS Student Ambassador. Visitors may park along the driveway.
- You will receive a complimentary lunch pass, so no need to pack a lunch.
- Visits last only half day (unless special arrangements have been made); your student ambassador will walk you back to the conference room for pick up at 12:00 p.m.
Frequently asked questions:
- Who will show me around? Our Student Ambassadors must meet certain criteria and go through a rigorous selection and training process. Traditionally, sophomores host shadow visitors in the fall; freshmen are eligible to apply for student ambassador positions in the spring.
- How are we matched up? You will be matched based on academic interests or co-curricular activities, to the best of our abilities.
- What do I wear? On regular school days, students who visit from Catholic grade schools may wear their uniforms. Students visiting from public or non-uniform schools may wear any plain slacks (no jeans) and any plain shirt with a collar (no midriff-baring or halter tops); tennis shoes are acceptable (no flip-flops). You will be advised if our students are following the summer uniform or if a special dress-down day is scheduled.
- What should I bring? A notepad and pen will allow you to jot down any points you want to remember; a paperback book, in case your ambassador has a quiz; no electronic devices are allowed, such as iPods, MP3 players, cell phones, hand-held games, etc.