Shadowing is the best way for a student to get a personal perspective of the Duchesne experience. Typically, eighth graders shadow in the fall and seventh graders shadow in the spring. Here's how it works:
- Please make a shadow appointment at least three days in advance by contacting Mrs. Emily Saettele Kuryla, director of admissions and marketing, at (636) 946-2603 or firstname.lastname@example.org. (Some dates are not available for shadow visits.) Be sure to schedule your appointment early, as the number of visitors we can accommodate per day is limited.
- On the day of your visit, you should arrive in the DHS guidance office between 7:30 and 7:45 a.m. The guidance office is located in the main building, just inside the lobby. Visitors may park along the driveway.
- You will receive a visitor badge and a complimentary lunch pass.
- Visits last the entire school day (unless special arrangements have been made); your student ambassador will walk you back to the guidance office for pick up at 2:50 p.m.
Frequently asked questions:
- Who will show me around? Our Student Ambassadors must meet certain criteria and go through a rigorous selection and training process. Traditionally, sophomores host shadow visitors in the fall; freshmen are eligible to apply for student ambassador positions in the spring.
- How are we matched up? You will be matched based on academic interests or co-curricular activities, to the best of our abilities.
- What do I wear? On regular school days, students who visit from Catholic grade schools may wear their uniforms. Students visiting from public or non-uniform schools may wear any plain slacks (no jeans) and any plain shirt with a collar (no midriff-baring or halter tops); tennis shoes are acceptable (no flip-flops). You will be advised if our students are following the summer uniform or if a special dress-down day is scheduled.
- What should I bring? A notepad and pen will allow you to jot down any points you want to remember; a paperback book, in case your ambassador has a quiz; no electronic devices are allowed, such as iPods, MP3 players, cell phones, hand-held games, etc.